Study Abroad Week 6! Valentines & BAFTAS


Hey up! What a whirlwind of a week I had! You will see below the excitement that I had, but the start of the week began with me not being sick anymore!!!! 

 

Something I didn't know, is that London is so cute near valentines day. On valentines day I went to the area near Victoria station on my way to the Museum of London for class. Every shop was decked out with flowers and it was so pretty walking down the street. 


After my class, I decided to treat myself and get a pastry from Primrose Bakery! 

Since it was Valentine's day, I decided to take myself on a date! I went to Motown the musical! I decided to see this musical because I figured that nobody else would want to go with me so it would be the perfect musical to see by myself. Honestly, it was the weirdest experience of my life. I don't know what I was expecting for this show, but it was....not very good haha I don't really know but let's just say I had to get a vodka diet coke at intermission and it still didn't get any better. ALSO there was a couple sitting next to me on a date and I guess they were from northern England and they drive into London every valentines day to go see a show, but the guy kept asking me questions throughout the show and I was like ??? why are you talking to me, I do not know you at all...anyways it was a weird experience

 

One of my favourite places in London is Primrose Hill. It is north of Regents Park and overlooks all of London. Anyways we walked up to the top on Friday after walking through Regents Park and had a little photo shoot. 

 

Friday night, we found a club in Camden that was having a High School Musical night. Basically they just played high school musical music for the entire night and I danced my heart out and it was truly the best night of my entire life. 


Saturday Morning we went to a tea shop for breakfast and I got coffee. 


After our morning tea, I went to Covent Garden and it might be my new favourite neighbourhood in London. Basically Covent Garden is a neighbourhood with no cars and so all the streets are a pedestrian walkway. It's just an adorable neighbourhood/shopping area where you can get lost in. 


Okay here is where the exciting stuff happens. Something that I realized this week was how thankful I am for the independence I have gained over the past few years. I used to be so scared to do things on my own but now I really don't mind. On Sunday morning the BAFTAs were giving out wristbands to be on the red carpet. I woke up early and went to central London and waited for the BAFTAs to tweet the location. I saw the location and realized that I was only 5 minutes away. I thought I was going to be the first person there so I was casually walking and then I turned onto Regents street and saw 493580 girls running and so I started sprinteing for my life. They tweeted the location at 10:00 and I got there at 10:05 and I was 260th in line...if THAT tells you anything. Anyways I got a wristband and then went to Royal Albert Hall to be on the red carpet! 


Going back to talking about independence, I used to be so scared of going to things by myself, but nobody wanted to go to the BAFTAs with me and I was just like whatever I guess I'll go by myself then ! And I'm so glad that I did! One of my favourite things about these types of events is that you always make friends! The person standing next to me in line had been to many events like this before and we were standing behind some girls and they opened up the other side of the red carpet and my new friend looked at me and grabbed my arm and was like "girl we are going to run" and I was expecting a light jog but this kid literally sprinted like FULL ON. I felt like I was on a treadmill and put the speed on full blast. My legs literally still hurt from this day. Anyways we got front row because of this! 


OHHHHH my queen Octavia Spencer. The people that I REALLY wanted to meet were Jennifer Lawrence and Sam Claflin. But there was a bit of an event that occurred. Basically an hour into the red carpet, all the girls standing next to me, ripped their jackets off and jumped over the barricade. At first I was like....what....the fuck,,,,,is happening. But the girls were protesting Teresa May, the prime minister of the UK. These girls basically just sat on the red carpet chanting and the security really didn't know what to do. I thought it was interesting because if that would've happened in America, they would've been arrested or something, but the security just let them protest which I thought was kinda nice, the not so nice part of this, is that the police stood in front of the barricade I was next to when Jennifer Lawrence and sam claflin walked by so that nobody else would just onto the red carpet and so I missed them :( but also I'm glad those girls were able to peacefully protest so it's fine.


 

I'm definitely more of a music person than a movie person, meaning I don't know too many movie stars, I wish I could tell you the number of photos I had with random white male actors that I have no idea who they were, but I just took selfies with them because other people were and I assumed they were famous. 


Margot Robbie was probably my favorite person that I met this night! She was SO nice and wanted to meet all the fans and she also looked stunning! 


This was probably one of the coolest experiences that I will probably have over my time across the pond! I was able to see Their Royal Highnesses Will and Kate! It was so interesting how everyone views the royals. Before they walked the red carpet they cleared out all of the press and celebs from the red carpet so that will and kate could walk. I thought this was so interesting and when they walked down the red carpet, it was dead silent. Anyways seeing them wasn't an experience I thought I was going to have during my time in the U.K. but I am so glad that I was able to! 


And to conclude my fangirling weekend, I woke up at 5am on Monday morning and went to the Radio One Studios and Camila Cabello was there! This is the closest thing to a selfie I got but it was such a fun experience! 


Okay, that is all for this week! 

No comments