Why I loved growing up with Taylor Swift


I know that I have the title as the "crazy annoying Taylor Swift fan" at my school, but it doesn't bother me one bit. Looking back on it, Taylor and I have grown up with each other. She has evolved in so many ways since I started listening to her, but that is the reason why I love her so much, we grew up with each other. She isn't the curly blonde haired girl that sings country music off key that I fell in love with in 2007, but I'm also not a third grader anymore. Basically everything in my life has changed since 2007, except for Taylor and I. I know that people think that I am crazy for "obsessing"  over a single person, but what they don't understand is how it is much more than that. She was there when I was walking home from fourth grade listening to Teardrops on my Guitar on my iPod nano. She was there for me on my first day of middle school. She was there for me on my first day of high school, and she will be the song I turn on when I get into my car after walking out of the school on the last day of high school. 
The thing I love about her music is that it is so relatable. Listening to relatable music always makes me feel better because it makes me feel like someone is going through the same things that I am and experiencing the same feelings. Do I know what it's like to be chased by paparazzi while holding Harry Style's hand? No, but she writes her music in such a way where the feeling gets across and everyone has experienced a feeling of people talking about you, or disapproval. I will never forget all the times Taylor made me feel so special. Both of the times I met her, she made me feel like I was the most important person in the world and she cared about every single thing that I had to say. Being able to tell the girl that I have looked up to for a majority of my life all she has done for me and have her just hug me was the best feeling in the world.


     Throughout high school, I went through a lot of different things, primarily a lot of self esteem issues. A lot of this was that I didn't like my appearance and that turned into a dislike in my personality and that developed into a lack of confidence. To sum all of this up, Taylor helped me get through all of those things and now I feel like a confident, beautiful, driven girl. One of my favorite things Taylor has ever said was "It’s hard enough to hear what other people have to say. Please let the voices in your head be nice to you." I finally realized one day that there are things that I can't change about myself and so I am going to stop hating those things because they are never going to change. I don't know what kind of person I would be today if I would have never bought Taylor's country album in 2007, or create a Taylor Swift blog in 2012.  All of those things have given me the most amazing friends, lessons and opportunities. I don't know where my life would be without these things, but I have a feeling that I wouldn't be as confident with myself as I am now. Thank you for being a part of my life for 10 years and thank you for always being by my side. It was a pleasure to grow up with you @ TAYLORSWIFT.
Also I have no idea why the font changes here and you guys know I am probably going to be too lazy to fix it.


HERE IS AN EMO GLOW UP. The picture on the left is me at the opening night of the red tour in Omaha my freshman year. I remember being all the way in the back but still LOSING MY MIND when she came out because it was..HER IN THE FLESH. Fast forward 3 years and at the 1989 Omaha show, I got to meet her back stage. It is crazy to think about all of the things that happened in between, but I am glad they did. I LOVE YOU. This truly is the ultimate freshmen year vs. senior year.

No comments